Careers – Commercial Real Estate Loan Underwriter
Wilshire seeks experienced multifamily and commercial real estate loan underwriters who are able to compile, analyze, underwrite and make credit recommendations on loan requests secured by multifamily/apartments and commercial real estate.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Underwrite multifamily and commercial real estate loan opportunities.
- Analyze loan files for accuracy and completeness.
- Analyze and draw conclusions from financial statements, tax returns and additional financial information to determine borrower/guarantor strength.
- Review historical property performance; including, income, operating expenses and cash flows.
- Analyze projections and pro forma financial information make informed decisions about future loan performance and the viability of loan repayment.
- Research and review applicable industry and market trends.
- Underwrite appraisals and other valuation information to determine the value of the collateral securing the loan.
- Coordinate, review and assess impacts to the loan and the collateral from third party reports.
- Communicate and collaborate with loan officers and analysts on findings, needs, conditions, recommendations and conclusions which arise through the underwriting process.
- Prepare credit recommendations for loan approval.
- Assist with the preparation of loan documents and managing loan closings; including, reviewing documents for accuracy and completeness and coordinating with settlement agents for the loan closing.
- Assist with the development and refinement of underwriting and pricing models.
- Assist with regulatory compliance.
- Participate in portfolio management and other company matters regarding portfolio and asset performance.
Professional Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as an underwriter at a financial institution or equivalent analyzing and closing real estate secured loans against multiple types of commercial real estate and income property; including, multifamily, office, retail, mixed use, industrial, warehouse, and other income property.
- Experience in reviewing and analyzing third party reports, including appraisals, environmental, property condition reports, and other reports.
- Experience managing loan closings.
- Ability to work on multiple transactions simultaneously and collaborative effectively with other team members.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently to meet closing times.
- Excellent administration, project management and follow-up skills.
- Strong analytical skills with advanced proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems independently.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Base salary ($90,000 to $110,000 per year)
- Additional Bonuses
- Company Benefits
- Orange County, CA
For immediate consideration:
- Online Resume Submission:
- Email: email@example.com
Wilshire Finance Partners
25950 Acero, Suite 345
Mission Viejo, California 92691