Careers – Wholesale Commercial Business Development
Wilshire Finance Partners is a direct balance sheet lender specializing in small balance apartment and commercial real estate bridge loans in the Western U.S., Texas and Florida.
Wilshire’s loan programs offer an alternative to traditional, highly regulated lenders by providing borrowers with a streamlined, flexible and commercial real estate centric approach.
Entrepreneurial and growing, Wilshire is an organization that is well positioned in a growing market niche.
As a balance sheet lender, our business development officers have the competitive advantage of using our internal funding platform to close bridge loans.
We are growing and seek talented originators with wholesale loan origination experience focused on apartment and commercial real estate lending. Based in our Orange County, California office, you will be responsible for originating loans through your established network of mortgage brokers, bankers and mortgage bankers, as well as creating new business channels.
- Serve as the company’s representative and point of contact in the commercial real estate loan markets where Wilshire lends.
- Source apartment and commercial real estate loans through the solicitation of your established network of mortgage brokers, bankers and mortgage bankers, as well as creating new self-generated business channels.
- Prioritize prospects, allocate time and resources, and leverage your market knowledge and broad network of loan referral sources to ensure high-quality loan production opportunities and consistent deal flow.
- Use an array of marketing channels to expand Wilshire’s market presence and reach.
- Screen potential lending opportunities by applying knowledge of commercial credit to elevate only quality transactions to loan underwriting.
- Coordinate loan requests and financing packages for small balance apartment and commercial real estate bridge loans meeting Wilshire’s credit box.
- Represent Wilshire at industry events and associations.
- Share market knowledge and information to generate new business ideas that lead to attractive loan and investment opportunities.
- Meet and exceed loan origination and sales goals.
Professional Experience & Qualifications:
- Proven track-record with an established, active network of commercial mortgage brokers, bankers and mortgage bankers required
- Multi-state network of established, active referral sources highly desired.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in wholesale loan business development, sales, or commercial real estate lending.
- Results driven with excellent sales and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial real estate finance.
- Ability to work independently and responsibly with little supervision and instruction, but also work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- California real estate salesperson’s license is required.
- Ability to travel 1 to 2 weeks per month.
- Compensation which recognizes talent and rewards performance.
- Base plus commission.
- Health benefits.
- Orange County, CA
For immediate consideration:
- Online Resume Submission:
- Email: email@example.com
Wilshire Finance Partners
25950 Acero, Suite 345
Mission Viejo, California 92691
Attention: Loan Officer Recruiting