Careers – Commercial Mortgage Underwriter
Commercial Mortgage Underwriter
Wilshire Finance Partners is balance-sheet lender specializing in small balance multifamily and commercial mortgage loans.
We seek an experienced Commercial Mortgage Underwriter with multifamily and commercial real estate loan underwriting experience to join our Orange County, California team.
Join a growing organization with a strong track record in an expanding market segment.
Wilshire is a non-bank, balance sheet lender focused on originating, underwriting, closing and servicing multifamily and commercial mortgage loans from $1 million to $5 million in the Western United States, Texas, Illinois and Florida.
As an underwriter at Wilshire, you will make direct and significant contributions to our growth and will be a critical part of our organization.
Wilshire seeks an experienced multifamily and commercial real estate loan underwriter who is able to compile, analyze, underwrite and make credit recommendations on loan requests secured by multifamily/apartments and commercial real estate.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Underwrite multifamily and commercial real estate loan opportunities.
- Analyze loan files for accuracy and completeness.
- Analyze and draw conclusions from financial statements, tax returns and additional financial information to determine borrower/guarantor strength.
- Review historical property performance; including, income, operating expenses and cash flows.
- Analyze projections and pro forma financial information make informed decisions about future loan performance and the viability of loan repayment.
- Research and review applicable industry and market trends.
- Underwrite appraisals and other valuation information to determine the value of the collateral securing the loan.
- Coordinate, review and assess impacts to the loan and the collateral from third party reports.
- Communicate and collaborate with loan officers and analysts on findings, needs, conditions, recommendations and conclusions which arise through the underwriting process.
- Prepare credit recommendations for loan approval.
- Assist with the preparation of loan documents and managing loan closings; including, reviewing documents for accuracy and completeness and coordinating with settlement agents for the loan closing.
- Assist with the development and refinement of underwriting and pricing models.
- Assist with regulatory compliance.
- Participate in portfolio management and other company matters regarding portfolio and asset performance.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience as a Commercial Mortgage Underwriter.
- Experience underwriting various property types, including, multifamily, office, retail, mixed use, industrial, warehouse, assisted living facilities and other income property.
- Experience in reviewing and analyzing third party reports, including appraisals, environmental, property condition reports, and other reports.
- Experience underwriting at a financial institution is highly desired.
- Experience underwriting FNMA, FHLMC or other securitization platforms is highly desired.
- Experience managing loan closings.
- Ability to work on multiple transactions simultaneously and collaborative effectively with other team members.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently to meet closing times.
- Excellent administration, project management and follow-up skills.
- Strong analytical skills with advanced proficiency in Excel, Word and CoStar.
- Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems independently.
- Four (4) year college degree.
- Base salary
- Health benefits
- Well positioned company with growth opportunities within organization
This is a full-time position located in our offices in Orange County, California.
For immediate consideration please send us your resume.
- Orange County, CA
For immediate consideration:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wilshire Finance Partners
25950 Acero, Suite 345
Mission Viejo, California 92691